Happy Friday, y’all! Today I’ll be reviewing this finishing powder from NYX and give you my experience with this finishing powder and my overall thoughts about it!
So this is the NYX “Set It & Don’t Fret It” Matte Finishing powder in the shade medium/dark. As it says, it’s a mineral powder and it’s supposed to give you a matte finish.
The claims are that it absorbs shine, prolongs makeup wear, it has silica as a base so that helps fill fine lines and that it acts as an optical diffuser by reflecting light therefore giving the skin a softening appearance of fine lines and pores.
– Fits my skin tone and isn’t the typical who’re translucent powder
– A little goes a long way, but you can add more according to your preference.
– Makes my skin look matte and not too washed out.
– It lasts a good while before any sign of oiliness appears on the skin.
– Because it’s silica based, it has a weird scent I’m not too keen of.
– It can cause some creasing depending on which type of concealer one uses.
– For me, personally, it caught on to my dry patches and bad them appear more than without having used a finishing powder.
– To go along with the last statement, it is a bit hard to blend in if you have dry patches or leave it on for too long.
Overall, I do enjoy this finishing powder and it does the job pretty well. If you don’t have as many dry patches, this would be great for you or if you’re looking for an affordable finishing powder if you’re on a budget (like me, haha). I will be using this up during the time that I have and maybe try out different skin products (i.e foundation/concealer) to see if there are any differences and I may do an update on this powder and see how I like it afterwards.
So that’s my mini review for this NYX product! I hope you enjoyed it and thank you so much for stopping by and reading! 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend, y’all! 🤗
Which finishing powder do you prefer and/or is your favorite?